- Scan your travel details, passports and travel insurance information and email them to yourself.
- Pre-book as much as you can before you go to save money and time when you get there. Rental cars are often cheaper if you book in advance, and planning from home means you can use comparison websites online to find the cheapest option. Likewise with day trips and children’s activities.
- When you book your holiday, check passport expiry dates so there’s no last-minute panic to renew
- An iPad is a fantastic holiday accompaniment with hours of entertainment built into one easy-to-carry around device. Great for planes (remember the chargers)
- A meet and greet service can be a huge help when you’ve got young children with you. Trying to manage suitcases, toddlers and pushchairs on transfer buses from car-parks can be a nightmare. Meet & greet services are often not a lot more expensive than airport car parks
- Take a travel carbon monoxide alarm. Most hotels will have them, but best to be safe
- Get the kids involved in planning the holiday. Use maps, brochures, websites, TV programmes and books
Finally—book with Olein at Diamond Travel to make the process even smoother. I’ll suggest things to make your holiday memorable for all the right reasons!