Today is World Chocolate Day – never needing an excuse to think about (and eat) chocolate! I thought I’d look at some unusual chocolate themed days out in the UK and overseas.
In the UK:
- Various chocolate making workshops all over the UK.
- Why not extend the above experience to include whoopee-pie making and chocolate cocktails? Great for a hen party!
- Cadbury World is set in the home of British chocolate – Bourneville. Discover all you ever wanted to know about the world of chocolate on an educational, multimedia and mouth-watering day out.
- Take tea at Fortnum and Mason in London – this includes a very rich square of chocolate cake with a near-liquid centre. Of course the expected sandwiches, cakes, canapés and tea are included as well!
- In the USA, we can book you on a Beer, Cheese and Chocolate tour in Manhattan’s Upper West Side. Discover some of the newest, best, and coolest eateries, shops & restaurants in Manhattan while eating and learning about some of the most delicious desserts and beers you’ve ever had!
- Still in New York – the Lower East Side is filled with some of the best restaurants and eateries in New York. You’ll see coffee being roasted in a 21st century way, taste the most exotic donuts you’ve ever had, bite into delicious sandwiches, pucker at fresh dill pickles and aahhh over creamy mission fig and chocolate chili ice cream
- On the Hoover Dam Deluxe Tour – you get to experience a tour of Las Vegas, Henderson and BoulderCity. Photo opportunities of Lake Mead, Colorado River and BlackCanyon. 2 hours at the Hoover Dam itself. And then finishing back in Las Vegas with a visit to the Ethel M. Chocolate Factory with free samples.
Elsewhere in the world;
- Down under, try an Adelaide City Tour. This includes a tour of Haigh’s chocolate factory (closed on Sundays). Here you can enjoy a brief tour, a complementary tea or coffee and some chocolate samples.
- Or the Hunter Valley Wineries, where you enjoy a full day tour of some of Australia’s best known wineries. The final stop of the day is at the Hunter Valley Cellars for another tasting and a visit to the chocolate and cheese factories.
- In Western Australia, take the Swan Valley Wildlife and Wine tour which includes a stop at the Margaret River Chocolate Company where the opportunity is available to sample some delicious chocolates and purchase from their extensive range.
- In Germany, the Storyline of Berlin includes a visit to one of Germany’s oldest chocolate makers
- During the Riga Discovery Tour in Latvia, you’ll visit the Laima chocolate factory where you can enjoy a drink, order some food and chat with the staff.
For more details on any of the above or for holidays where you can visit Belgium and Swiss chocolate makers – just get in touch! Now off to raid the biscuit tin for some Chocolate digestives – yummy